The Science Outreach Programme has a range of physical resources that are available to teachers. All equipment and material is free. (Equipment is only available to local schools.)
Electronic teaching resources are here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 364 2178 if you would like to book any resource or for more information.
- Polycom (from CSTA)
- The Polycom is a speaker phone that can be used for audio conferences in your classroom. It is an excellent way for your class to participate in an audio conference as part of a LEARNZ virtual field trip.
- USB Microscope - Brand New!
- The portable USB Microscope plugs into a computer and the image is displayed on the screen.
- The microscope includes 1-10x lens, 30x lens, 50x lens and a 100x lens
- Gel Electrophoresis sets are available to local schools that can collect by hand
An online glossary of geological terms
Language of Our Rocks - Rock Kit and Instruction Manual targeting NCEA Achievement Standard 1.
- Glacial Morphology board games can be purchased from Outreach.
Year 7 to 10 Rutherford Science Resources
In 2008 Colin Price was a NZ Science, Mathematics and Technology Teacher Fellow, based at UC. He has produced a number of resources that would be suitable for year 7 to 10 students. ...more